Low-Pressure Burst Indicator Type SVT AM-L
For application with very low contact pressure, the alarm SVT AM-L is used. Already as of difference pressures of 10 mbar, it reliably shows opening of a bursting disc or safety valve.
Example of design
|SVT AM-L||STRIKO – VerfahensTechnik AM-Low pressure|
The delivery of the alarm is entirely ready-to-install with seals (Klingersil C 4400, graphite, teflon, etc.) and fit for use for DIN, ANSI and JIS flanges, as well as connecting cables. Depending on the individual use scenario, the alarm may also be configured with other seals.
Advantages in the application
- Reliable breakage monitoring from difference pressures of 10 mbar
- Quick identification of a malfunction
- Simple assembly
- Available in nominal widths DN 25 to DN 600
- In every system can be combined with metal and graphite burst seals, also with bursting discs from other manufacturers
- Can be also used with bursting discs that can be attached without holder between the flanges.
- Retro-fitting is possible thanks to low instalallation height (5mm)
- The alarm is a component independent of the bursting disc
Note about ATEX
All burst indicators / leakage sensors from STRIKO according to the type of protection are rated “i” intrinsic safety – “simple electrical equipment” when connected to an intrinsically safe circuit. The requirements on “simple electrical equipment” are covered in section 5.7 of the standards EN 60079-11:2012 or IEC 60079-11 Ed. 6:2011-06 “Explosive atmospheres – Part 11: Equipment protection by intrinsic safety ‘i’”.
Simple electrical equipment, designed in accordance with the requirements of section 5.7 of the standards EN 60079-11:2012 or IEC 60079-11:2011 and section 16.4 of the standards EN 60079-14: 2014 or IEC 60079-14 Ed. 5: 2013-11 “Explosive atmospheres – Part 14: Electrical installations design, selection and erection” do not require certification; see section 4.4.2 of EN 60079-14: 2014 or IEC 60079-14 Ed. 5: 2013-11.
Such parts are also not governed by directive 94/9/EC since they do not feature any potential source of ignition. The designation of simple equipment can be made by any person/institution, including the manufacturer or installer, and made by freely selectable designation marking or coding preferred for the installation/plant.