Full Metal Burst Indicator Type SVT AM
The robust alarm SVT AM is characterised by its suitability for especially adverse ambient conditions. The full metal membrane can be used for temperatures of up to +600 °C. (in combination with the respective sealing material)
|SVT AM||STRIKO – VerfahrensTechnik Alarm Metal|
The alarm is delivered as a complete ready-to-install package with seals and connecting cables. It is of course fit for use for DIN, ANSI and JIS flanges – and can be configured with other seals depending on the use scenario. The metal membrane can be manufactured from stainless steel 1,4301, Hastelloy®, Tanatal or silver, depending on each use case and necessity.
Advantages in the application
- Use in high temperatures up to 600 ℃ (with sealing Frenzelit isoplan® ۷۵۰®)
- High corrosion resistance through special materials
- Quick identification of a malfunction
- Simple assembly
- Available in nominal widths DN 25 to DN 600
- In every system can be combined with metal and graphite burst seals, also with bursting discs from other manufacturers
- Can be also used with bursting discs that can be attached without holder between the flanges.
- Retro-fitting possible thanks to low installation height of 5mm.
- The alarm is a separate component and independent of the burst disc
Note about ATEX
All burst indicators / leakage sensors from STRIKO according to the type of protection are rated “i” intrinsic safety – “simple electrical equipment” when connected to an intrinsically safe circuit. The requirements on “simple electrical equipment” are covered in section 5.7 of the standards EN 60079-11:2012 or IEC 60079-11 Ed. 6:2011-06 “Explosive atmospheres – Part 11: Equipment protection by intrinsic safety ‘i’”.
Simple electrical equipment, designed in accordance with the requirements of section 5.7 of the standards EN 60079-11:2012 or IEC 60079-11:2011 and section 16.4 of the standards EN 60079-14: 2014 or IEC 60079-14 Ed. 5: 2013-11 “Explosive atmospheres – Part 14: Electrical installations design, selection and erection” do not require certification; see section 4.4.2 of EN 60079-14: 2014 or IEC 60079-14 Ed. 5: 2013-11.
Such parts are also not governed by directive 94/9/EC since they do not feature any potential source of ignition. The designation of simple equipment can be made by any person/institution, including the manufacturer or installer, and made by freely selectable designation marking or coding preferred for the installation/plant.